Simple Salsa Chilli
This recipe couldn't be more simple, and is a crowd fav! (Even my family member who typically doesn't like chilli asked me for the recipe!). And bonus, you'll do all the cooking for this recipe in one pot; yay for less dishes to clean up!
- 1 lb Grassfed Beef
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 1 15-16 oz Can of Black Beans (drained)
- 1 16 oz Jar of Fire Roasted Salsa
- 15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes (don't drain)
- 2 Tbspn Chilli Powder
Toppings (optional, but definitely takes this recipe to another level!)
- Coconut Yoghurt (or regular yoghurt if you're not dairy free!)
- Chopped Green Onions
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Dice onions. Place beef and onions in a soup pot. Cook beef and onions until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- While you're waiting for the beef and onions to cook, open up the cans and jar of the other ingredients so they're ready to go.
- Once You're done with step 1, add Chilli Powder to onion and beef mixture. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Dump all the other ingredients in the pot. Stir it up and let it get warm enough to serve.
- This recipe freezes well (sans toppings, of course!) if you like to stock up! I've been known to go as far as quadrupling this recipe!
- For me locally, Aldi has the best price on grassfed beef by far. I also get the organic fire roasted salsa, canned black beans, and canned tomatoes there.
- This pairs great with corn or flax chips if you'd like an extra crunch!